Okay, so I've started an online blog. I didn't think I would ever be one of "those" people who had to put their lives on the internet, but I thought it might be good motivation for me if everyone knew what I was doing.
I'm starting this with the room by room remodel of my house. I'm going to slowly re-do every room in my house as I can, without having to get any kind of loan to do it with. So, it may take a very, very long time to complete everything I want to do, but by the time I'm finished, I won't be in debt. I'm going to post photos as I go along, and maybe also get opinions from my family and friends on what looks good, money saving ideas, etc. I plan on incorporating a lot of recycled yard sale items and re-purposed things in my plans. And, hopefully, I'll learn some things along the way that will allow me to help others with their plans, too.
A little back story on the house- In 2004, my husband and I bought a small fixer upper in Cowley, WY. We lived in it for awhile without doing a whole lot to it. In 2005, the house just across the lot from us came up for sale. We bought it and now we owned 2 houses. After living in the bigger house for 2 years, my sister and I decided to start a daycare. We moved back to the fixer upper and converted the larger house into a daycare. After 2 years in the daycare business, my sister decided to quit and stay at home with her kids. I was unable to run it on my own without going completely crazy, so I gave it up and went to work for the local phone/internet/TV company. We decided to move back into the large house and are renting/selling the smaller fixer upper to some good friends of ours. (I thought for sure that they would disown us forever after their remodeling adventure, but they didn't!)
So, I mentioned one day to my husband that I thought one of the walls in my foyer needed to be taken down. I mentioned it in passing, thinking that Alan would just shrug it off to another one of my hare-brained ideas. I came home one day, however, and he had taken down all of the plaster! That led to another wall and another wall coming down. Now we are in the stages of re-doing the whole foyer/sitting room/dining room.
It is a very long room that merges with the dining room. We started taking down the old plaster walls and found that there is no insulation in the outside walls. So, it looks like there's something else we're going to have to tackle. I just finished taking down half a wall. I need to bring in the ladder to finish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment